Sunday, February 19, 2012

Oh how times have changed!

When Matt and I started dating, I was 23 and he was 25. I was living downtown in an awesome loft above a brewery and within walking distance to many bars. We would spend our Saturday nights gallivanting around Tacoma. We weren't drunks by any means, but we did enjoy going out with friends and enjoying some beer.

Last night we were out for frozen yogurt at 7:30. I thought to myself, "Oh how times have changed!" It was not too long ago that we would be a couple blocks up the road at one of our favorite Irish Pubs, now here we were out to frozen yogurt at 7:30, which feels way too late, with our two kids. We both remarked about how life has changed.

Its funny how living in the same town can remind you of where you have come from. I am so glad Matt and I lived it up when we were dating and engaged. We have no regrets but enjoy remembering our times out and an earlier bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the same thing the other day. Anthony and I would go out at a drop of a hat, hang out with friends or run to Cold Stone at 9pm because we wanted ice cream. My how things have changed!!

    ReplyDelete