Saturday, February 11, 2012

Props to the Single Mamas out there!

I just have to say that I have a lot of respect for all the single parents out there, or even mamas whose husbands work nights. Your job is not easy at all! I got a taste of single parenthood with my two little men, the last two nights. Matt had two late work nights in a row, which was really challenging for me and him.


On Thursday he was able to come home eat dinner and then leave again. I got Jack to bed ok, nursed Henry and had some time to myself to watch tv. It wasn't too bad, but I really missed having Matt home to talk to. Friday was a different story. Jack was having a tantrum filled day, which was taking a lot of patience on my part. Usually I have Matt to relieve me when he gets home, but last night was not the case. He came home ate a quick dinner, helped me bathe Henry and off he went back to work. I had to feed Jack and Henry, bathe Jack and get them both to bed. It was a challenge juggling it all alone, and quite tiring. I finally got Jack to bed and relaxed on the couch. Henry wanted to nurse all evening so I held him until bed, and didn't get to clean the kitchen like usual. I was exhausted!


To all the single parents, you have my respect. I cannot imagine my day to day life without Matt. He is my support and my backup. I think I would be very tired without him, and quite lonely. The last two nights made me thankful for the man God has blessed me with. I made sure to let him know that I appreciate him and the hard work he does for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment