Merry Christmas!
Can you believe that Christmas has come and gone? What a fun Christmas we had! It was a bit different this year being 39 weeks pregnant and waiting for baby girl. Last year, we traveled to Matt's parents' house, but it is over an hour away. I was nervous to be that far from the hospital, especially with this being my third baby, so we stuck close to home.We came home and made Shepard's pie, and a birthday cake for Jesus. It was a fun night! The boys were really excited. We put on Christmas jammies, and opened a new game. It was time for bed. We put the kids to bed and Matt and I relaxed on the couch and watched Home Alone. At that point, the contractions died down.
We woke up early for Christmas morning. The boys were so excited, they were shaking. They tore into their presents so fast! The highlight of this Christmas was tiny garbage cans and a garbage truck. Matt and I made breakfast while the boys played. I continued to have other signs labor may be on the way, but again my body decided to stop. I was glad on one hand to be home with my boys on Christmas, and a little bummed we weren't meeting our baby.
We headed over to my parents' house for Christmas dinner. It was a relaxed afternoon/evening. My brother and his wife were there, along with my grandma. We had to get a picture of Holly and me together with our bumps! Next year there will be two little girls crawling/walking around!
We opened presents, skyped my sister, ate delicious food and of course played cards. It was a lovely, peaceful Christmas.
When we got home, Matt and I snuggled on the couch by the Christmas tree. I love that!
The day after Christmas we had Matt's parents and brother over. We did more presents and more food! I think we had our fill of Christmas!
Now we wait for our sweet baby girl!








No comments:
Post a Comment