We have a tradition of getting our Christmas tree the weekend of Thanksgiving. We always go to the same, wonderful tree farm, with my parents and sometimes my Aunt and Uncle. This year my parents were in Alaska visiting my brother and sister-in-law, so we decided to go the Sunday they were back. Jack had other plans! He is so into Christmas this year! We woke up Sunday morning and saw the snow clouds, and then it started snowing! We were so excited, especially the kids.
 |
| Jack checking out the new snow falling. |
 |
| The boys searching for the perfect tree! |
 |
| This kid was so pumped! |
I was feeling a little sick and really wanted to wait until Sunday to get the tree, but the magic of snow and the persistence of a five year old made us decide to go Saturday. We bundled up, and headed out to Alpine U Cut!Jack was so excited! Christmas is so magical for him this year! He was so excited to find the perfect tree. He was insistent on picking it out. I surprised myself and found the perfect tree right away! We searched around some more, but came back to the first tree we liked. It was perfect!
 |
| Next year we will have 3 kiddos! |
 |
| Matt cutting down our tree. I have one like this from all of our Christmases together! |
When we got home, we set up the tree. It was a tiny bit tall! Oops! We just trimmed the top and it was perfect!
The boys were so excited to decorate! But first I had to put on the lights. I love tons of lights on my tree. It took me over an hour to put the lights on. There are probably 1,000 lights on the tree.
This year we didn't have any ornaments break, luckily! They were so intrigued by all the ornaments. Finally it was time to decorate!
We had a little adjustments to do to even out some of the ornaments, but it was perfect! I love this Christmasy time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment