Happy Halloween! I hope you had a fun day! We sure did! It was Henry's first Halloween and the last of his "firsts" for holidays.
Matt and I both worked, but Matt was able to come home earlier so we could head over to Proctor Treats. We got the boys dressed in their costumes. Jack took some bribing with candy. He was not so sure of the whole dressing up business. We went back and forth this year on what he was going to dress as. The last two years he was a "Jack Themed" costume; a jack-o-lantern, and a lumberjack. My plan was for him to be a Jack in the Box (not the fast food guy, the toy kind). He saw Henry's puppy costume and wanted to be a puppy with Henry. Let me tell you, I searched everywhere for a toddler dog costume. No one makes them. I was super annoyed because all there is for little boys is super heroes. Jack is just not there yet. I finally just made the decision to make him a train engineer.
Jack and I watched a train engineer video on Youtube, and he really liked what he saw. Trains are a big part of our life right now, so he was pretty excited. I got his costume, and we actually got him to wear it and I think he looks pretty cute!
I tried my best to actually get pictures of the two of them looking in one direction. This is as good as it got for a picture of the two of them.
My parents joined us again this year. Taylor, my sister, had to work (at the Proctor Starbucks) so my parents grabbed her dog, Penny and dressed her as a lobster. People got a kick out of my dad walking his "dinner"!
After we loaded up with treats, we headed home and got dinner ready and the pumpkin and luminaries ready for trick or treaters. I love that at our house we get a decent amount of trick or treaters. Jack had so much fun passing out candy. He sprinted to the door every time someone knocked.
| Candy thief! |
I cannot believe that it is now November. Let the craziness begin! First its two birthdays, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas! I love this time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment