Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Resolutions

This is the first year that I have made resolutions and actually kept them past the first week of January. I was feeling quite ambitious this year when it came to resolutions, and made a couple. They all are somewhat connected which makes it easier to keep them. The first was obviously to start a blog and begin documenting my life. Ta-dah! Resolution #1 is complete, but now I have to keep updating! Another resolution is to take a picture a day. This has been going well! I tend to take tons of pictures of my little men anyways. The real challenge is to take pictures of other things besides my cute kids. I recently got a DSLR camera and am working on learning the manual modes. I am hoping to take my pictures and complete a Project Life binder. I am super excited!


My other resolution is to lose the baby weight and more, but more importantly live a healthy lifestyle. Matt and I recently watched the documentary, "Forks Over Knives." This movie really changed the way we viewed our diet. The movie discusses the effects of the western diet on people. It also discusses the many benefits of a whole-foods plant based diet. Before we watched this we ate very well. We knew where all our food was coming from. We get all our meat from the farmer's market, and our produce is delievered by Terra Organics. Meat was the center of our meals. We decided that we were going to limit our animal based proteins, and only have meat on occassion, not daily. So far we have had a great time experimenting with different foods! We made an excellent vegan chili in the crockpot last week, as well as a barley burrito. Last night we had stuffed mushrooms, celeriac mash and roasted parsnips and carrots and oh my goodness, they were fantastic! Matt just kept saying, "these are so good!" Jack was not a fan of dinner last night, he wouldn't even try the mash. We are hoping he will change his mind!


I am really excited about this year. I am looking forward to growing as a mom, a wife and healthier and happier me!

No comments:

Post a Comment