Matt and I made a plan that instead of searching and paying for parking downtown, that we would ride the link from the Tacoma Dome Station. Jack has an obsession with all things, "choo-choos," these days, so we thought it would be fun for him to ride a more "modern" choo-choo. So we packed the kids up and headed downtown.
The museum does not allow strollers, so we put Henry in the moby. He instantly woke up and was not happy as we waited for the link. Just as the link arrived, Matt and I decided that I should stay, feed Henry in the car, then catch up with him and Jack later. Matt and Jack jumped on the link and were off. I went to the car, and nursed Henry. I got a call from Matt that they were almost there. Henry had fallen asleep so I decided that we should take the stroller, park it at the museum, and carry in his seat. Matt and Jack came back on the link to meet us. I was not there, but Matt said Jack was having so much fun just riding the link.
They came back to the car, we packed up Henry, and tried once again to get to the museum. We were very determined to get there! As we waited for the link, Jack's excitement was escalating. He saw the link approaching and began screaming, "choo-choo! choo-choo!" It was pure bliss for that little guy. We got on and he was simply enthralled. Here he is ready to go!
Daddy and Jack
We got off at the stop before the museum, only to discover that Jack's diaper was soaking through his pants. He didn't seem to mind, and was ready to walk to the museum. We kept on going, planning on changing Jack when we got to the museum. Just as we were making our way there, another family asked us if we were headed to the museum. They then proceeded to tell us there was a 45 minute wait! What a bummer! After all the effort we had made we were disappointed. But Matt and I couldn't help but laugh at this turn of events. Sometimes its all about the journey. So off to the link we went once again. Overall Matt and Jack got on and off the link 4 times!We made it back to the car and made our way home. Here is how Jack reacted to all the excitement:
I was reminded of how life is an adventure, and sometimes the most fun things come from the things we least expect. Being a mom has taught me that its all about the journey, and finding joy in life's turns.
I think most mothers of toddler boys have a story about riding link. So true, the journey is the real adventure!
ReplyDeleteLove the blog, nice job!