When we got to school, I dropped Jack off first. I knew he wouldn't have any issues saying good bye. He barely even gave me a hug and he was off. I checked on him later and we blew kisses to each other. He had already found his best friend Estella. They are so cute together!
This was Henry's very first day of preschool. He is in the beginners class, which is for two year olds. We received letters from our teachers this summer, and since that letter Henry has been waiting to be in Mrs. Hill's class!
When we got there he was a little nervous, as was I. I was nervous to say goodbye especially because of Henry's food allergies. I took him potty and then we played. I asked if he was ready for mommy to go and he said yes. The teacher gave the parents a red marker to draw a heart on the child's hand, like the book, The Kissing Hand. I drew my heart, gave a kiss and said my good bye. He barely seemed to notice!It was really weird driving away with no kiddo in the car. I got myself a coffee, went home and cleaned up, and made chocolate donuts for a treat. I went to pick them up and was so early!
When Henry saw me he was excited but patiently waited his turn to be dismissed. I was so proud of him. We got Jack and headed home for donuts, lunch, naps and fun in the sprinkler!
It was a great day and I think it will be a super fun year for both boys.


No comments:
Post a Comment