Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

2014 is here and filled with possibilities! I always feel excited for what may lie ahead in a coming year.
This is the first year that Jack was really into the holidays. He was very excited for New Year's. I am not sure he really understands what it is, but he sure loves a good celebration.
To bring in the "new year" with the kids, we had a movie night. We brought out our comforter, pillows and blankets and laid down on the floor to watch a silly Netflix movie. The kids loved it!

We have had these New Year's hats for a long time. Jack knew they were in the garage so he asked if we could get them out. So we all donned our New Year's hats. They went to bed around 7:30 and then it was time for just me and Matt.
Our first attempt at a family picture. Henry ran the other way.



My little gentlemen
After the kiddos went to bed, Matt and I enjoyed the quiet. We played our favorite game, and chatted about what we have accomplished in 2013 and what things lie ahead in 2014.
Our friend, Dan, came over and we played more Dominion, rang in the new year and then it was time for bed.
Its funny thinking how much pressure we used to feel on New Year's eve, but I say that our evening was pretty perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment