Saturday, April 21, 2012

Easter

I know Easter was almost three weeks ago, but I wanted to still blog about it! This Easter meant a lot to me. The sermons at church this year have been about the year of good news. Each week the sermon touches my soul and throughout the week I continue to reflect on it. For Easter, I was just humbled by what God did for me, sending His only son to die for me and the crappy things I do.

The day before Easter we dyed eggs with Jack for the first time. I didn't quite know how he would take to it, but he loved it! He wanted to take the eggs out, but I told them they had to sit in the dye. He kept pointing his finger at them saying, "Sit eggs! Sit!"  They sat a long time which gave us very vibrant colors!
Dropping the eggs in! Jack loved this!

Checking the color
All done!





When we woke up, we found the Easter bunny came! He left a trail of jelly beans to get to Jack's basket. Jack tried to eat all the jelly beans, I kindly suggested a baggie. He was so excited to get a new train and some Elmo stuff.
To celebrate Easter, we went to church, then it was off to Kirkland to have brunch with Matt's family. Matt's parents set up an egg hunt for Jack, with some prizes for the adults too. Jack had a lot of fun.

We  then loaded up our sleepy little men and made the trek back down south to my parents. It was such a gorgeous day to be outside. We spent time visiting with family, eating, and even trimming up Henry's wild hair! Here are some more pics!
Henry's first Easter

As good of a family photo as we could get! Getting two little guys to look in the same direction at the same time is hard work!

Handsome Daddy and a handsome Henry

First haircut!

With Papa!
It was such a fun but tiring day. We got to celebrate the risen Lord, and spend time with family on a sunny day! Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment