Monday, May 5, 2014

Big Changes Headed Our Way!

A lot has happened since I last posted. Isn't that life though? It felt like we were in a holding pattern for a while there. God was making us wait for some big things. I am glad we waited patiently because they are awesome and wonderful things happening in our life right now!
The first huge thing is Matt has been promoted to Principal of the high school he is at now! I am so incredibly proud of him! He is such a hard worker. He did his final interview over Spring Break and got the offer.
With his new promotion came the possibility that I could be a stay at home mommy. It has been my dream to be at home with my boys. I remember talking about it with Matt when we were merely dating. Now it is a possibility and about to become a reality. Today I signed and turned in my letter of resignation.
I thought a couple of months ago, when we started mulling around the idea of it, that I would miss teaching. I think I will, but there was such peace about my decision today. I feel so incredibly blessed that come June, we don't have to worry about child care, sick days, doctor's appointments, or our little guys missing mommy and daddy. It is just going to simplify our lives.
I am so excited to be fully present in my home with my boys and support my husband in his new adventure at work. There is so much excitement ahead for us and I can't wait to share more!

No comments:

Post a Comment