Well, I made it 8 days of going to work before I had to call in for a sick kiddo. Jack has been so sick all week. It started Monday. When I picked him up from my parents house, he looked like he didn't feel good. This was followed by a fever on Tuesday and through the week. It has been brutal on the poor little guy. He has such a terrible cough. He just looks at me and says, "Mama, head hurt." Breaks my heart!
We are so blessed to have such a supportive family around us. On Tuesday, Matt came home early from work, so I could go to work. On Wednesday, my sister came over and watched both boys, while on Thursday my mom came. I am so thankful for the willingness to come sit with my babies for a couple of hours while I work.
This was a moment when I thought being a stay at home mom would be so much easier. I wouldn't have to worry about sub plans, daycare or someone to help take care of my kids while I am at work, because I used all my sick leave on maternity leave. I don't have that option right now, but the more time goes on the more I wish it could be.
Today is a slow moving day to end a slow moving week, a reason the blog has been neglected. Jack is starting to feel better, but Henry has started coughing. Matt and I both have sore throats. I am hoping for rest today. Here's to another round of vitamin c!
No comments:
Post a Comment