I am such a blessed woman. I have an amazing husband, amazing support system and two wonderful little boys that melt my heart on a daily basis. Since becoming pregnant with Henry, people began to ask me if I hoped for it to be a girl. To be honest, I hoped it would be a girl. How nice to have one of each gender! But Henry was obviously a boy. I was beyond thrilled, and not the least bit disappointed. Jack was going to have a little brother!
People seemed kind of disappointed for us when we told them we were having a second boy. I would get comments, and still do, like "are you going to try for a girl?" Even while we were being induced, the nurse asked us if we were going to try for a girl! I was kind of surprised because I wasn't even done having my second little guy. I was still pregnant for pete's sake! I know that people's intentions are good, but I think the question itself is not really anyone's business! Of course, I am a lot kinder in person, but seriously its kind of a weird question. I don't think people think about the fact that they are asking about our sex life! Its just kind of an awkward situation.
I love being a mommy to two little boys. I do yearn for a daughter, I think most women do, but if I have another little boy I will again be over the moon with joy. Children are a blessing, boy or girl. I am thankful that I get to be a mother. There are so many women who cannot have a baby, or have a miscarriage, or have a special needs child. I am so blessed that I have two healthy, happy little boys. Someday there will be a third Yarkosky baby on the way. Maybe someday there will be a little girl in our house, or maybe even a third boy. Either way I am blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment