Thursday, May 21, 2015

Big Changes!



Tonight is a big night for our (big) little family. Tonight we sign the closing documents on the cutest little house, a house we have been dreaming about and praying about for a very long time.This house is an answered prayer in so many ways.
We egan the homebuying process over a year ago. We found out we were pregnant, so we looked into the financial side of buying a house. We learned we needed 5% down payment and a reserve amount of money to cover the house payments for our current house and our new house. It seemed like a ridiculous amount of money to save for, especially since I was resigning from my job, but God always has a plan.
Here we are a year later, getting ready to sign for the perfect house for our little family of 5.
You won't even believe the story of our home buying journey. The market is super crazy right now, like there are bidding wars over every house. Our realtor prepared us, and we were prepared to search for a long time. We were prepared to be outbid on a few houses before we found the right one. Well, that's not what happened.
We met with our realtor on a Wednesday to go over our list of must haves, and preferences for a new house. One week later, I got a listing for the cutest craftsman in North Tacoma. I was walking out of preschool, and knew I needed to see this house. I drove by, called Matt and arranged a showing. We went there in the evening and fell in love! I remember standing in that living room, looking out the big, window seated window, thinking that we would be crazy to not make an offer on this house. It was the best offer we could make. The worst thing they could say was no. We wrote our offer, wrote a letter to the sellers, said some prayers and waited.  I was shocked to hear that we got it!
I cannot wait for the next chapter to begin in our new house. As I pack up our tiny little two bedroom house, I am reminded how many memories we have made here. This was the house we came home to from our wedding, where we brought our babies home to, where we shared dinners with friends, and played games at the kitchen table. Its where I learned to be a wife and to be a mommy. This house has been good to us. Our next one holds so many adventures for us. I can't wait to show you pictures.
ht





No comments:

Post a Comment