The new school year is up and running. There were a few minor hiccups in my schedule this year, like 35 second and third graders all in one class! Yikes! We reconfigured classes and now my largest art class is 30, a much better number.
I thought it would be fun for my readers to see my classroom! I know I love seeing other classrooms around the web. I drew from a lot of other teachers' classrooms from Pinterest. Don't think I am too creative!
This is where I gather the classes to give instructions. My rocking chair has traveled with me every year of my teaching. On the wall each class has a crayon box. Their goal is to work together to earn a crayon. They earn crayons by keeping the letters, ART, up on the board. They lose the letters by being loud, or not following directions. When they get 5 crayons, the class gets an art party! The kids really like this system, and it has been working great!
This is the back of my room. I keep portfolios for all my students in the cart with the lamp on it.At the end of the year, every student will have 1 piece of art featured in our art show!
This is my art word wall. Ha! I need to redo the "s" because it got stuck to something in the laminator!
This board is where I feature my artists of the week! I pick one student from each class, each week to be featured. They have to work hard, work quietly, have a positive attitude and help others. I love this because I get to recognize more artists than just doing an artist of the month.
This is another shot of the front of the room. I post learning targets under the word art. You can see one of the little paper decorations in this picture. I have tons hanging from the ceiling with pennant banners crisscrossing the ceiling too.
This is my desk area. I plan on putting drawings my kiddos do for my on the bulletin board behind me. My desk is usually cleaner!
So that is my classroom. It is a bright and cheery place and I think kids like coming to art. I will post some of the projects we are doing throughout the year. Right now I am excited about some Pop-Art portraits my 4/5 class is doing!






No comments:
Post a Comment