Saturday, June 30, 2012

Four years....

Four years ago on Thursday, I got to marry the man of my dreams, my answered prayer. He is the man I prayed for as a teenager, a college student and a young woman. Our wedding day was the happiest day of my life. I seriously could not stop smiling the entire day. I remember our photographer wanting some more serious, romantic pictures but I couldn't keep a straight face. I was just so happy that I got to marry this incredible guy.



I have learned so much in the four years we have been married. We have grown as people, and as a couple.

In four years, I have learned that its not all about me. Being married is about being self less. Its about putting the other person's needs above my own. Its about being united as a team. My decisions are our decisions now. This is something that I am working on right now in my professional life. I love my career, but right now it is important for me to put my professional ambitions to the side for our family. At this time it is Matt's time to advance and I am so proud of him. My time right now is at home with our babies.

In four years, I have learned how important it is to safeguard our marriage. I have learned that we will fall apart if we don't take the time to reconnect just the two of us. We have found this especially true after having our babies. It is so easy to get wrapped up in parenting, one of us taking care of each kiddo until its time for bed, and then zoning out to tv or whatever. We have to connect, to talk, to touch. We cherish the time we get just the two of us. I treasure the moments that we get lying cuddled in bed, sharing about our days. I treasure our nights out where we try to focus on us and our life as a couple.

In four years, I have learned to not take life so seriously and to laugh. Life can get crazy. There are moments when both kids are crying, we are trying to make dinner and there is a pile of laundry taller than the kitchen table. These are the moments where I just look at Matt and laugh. It can't get any crazier! I have learned that we need time to laugh together, to joke, to flirt and have fun.

In four years, I have learned to trust God with our lives, for both of us to focus on God's call on our lives as a couple. God is the center of this marriage. When we are in a challenging time, we draw together and pray. I am so thankful for these moments I share with Matt.

In four years, I have learned that I would be lost without Matt. It sounds so cliche but I cannot imagine my life without him. He is my rock. He makes me smile. He comforts me when I am stressed, when I am sad or disappointed. He is my cheerleader. He is my challenger He takes my breath away. He makes my skin tingle when he touches me.  He is my love.

In four years, I have learned that we grow closer everyday. The way I love Matt today is more than yesterday, and more than the day before. Our love grows as we grow. I am so thankful that we are both committed to each other.

In four years, I have learned that I would say I do again in a heartbeat. I would say I do again to the good times, the bad times, the sad times, the silly times, the exciting time, and the everyday times. I would say I do! I do! I do!

Thank you for loving me the way I am Matt. Thank you for challenging me. Thank you for making me a mommy. Thank you for making me a better me everyday. Thank you for making me feel beautiful. Thank you for the life we have built together.

No comments:

Post a Comment